ELLEN HUMEAs a founding member of the International Media Development Advisers which trouble-shoots media problems in challenging environments, I work to help people develop their own versions of journalism and democracy.
Want to help us stop fake news from spreading? Here’s three simple ways (via FactCheck).
RECENT BLOG POSTS
I'm happy to see this new initiative that helps us identify the real journalists who offer trusted work, with accountability. Now we need to get more media literacy, so consumers will know to use tools like this Transparency Tracker to select reality-based, fact-based...read more
Marie Colvin properly defined the journalist’s job, and died doing it. See “A Private War” about this, instead of going to a misleading Hollywood film about Gary Hart.read more
Opposing Trump does not mean disrepecting those who are supporting him.read more
The tech companies are data-sucking vampires who need to be controlled by humansread more
—January 2018 What is the truth about journalism? Journalism is always a bit of a mess. People’s memories are usually flawed. Eyewitnesses differ about the same event. The moment a story passes from one person to the next, it changes. This is only human. And then...read more
ABOUT THIS SITE
- Longer published reports and analyses are at Reports and Monographs.
- Published articles from my legacy media career may be available through an internet search, although some may remain pre-digital in newspaper archives.
- The Blog is where I expand on my HUMORus Twitter feed.
- Links offers resources about journalism quality, controversies, ethics and technology, as well as some excellent news and fact-checking sites, and related resources.
- Click here to contact me. In my next life, I will have time to deal with an interactive site. For now I will try to read your email message and respond to it.